Monday, February 23, 2009

Something New

Yes, I'm learning something new ... I'm learning to knit.

A friend of mine makes these wonderful creations, she knits and then felts them. Honestly I had no idea what felting was until she opened my eyes. I always thought felted items were just cut and stitched from pieces of felt you got at the craft store. I had no idea how much work goes into something like this - amazing!

I think I was supposed to be making a chick for Easter but I haven't had my second lesson yet so I've just keep on knitting and probably have gone beyond what was needed for the chick. I still kinda feel like I'm "all thumbs" but after a few rows I can usually get a good rhythm going.

Stay tuned for my knitting adventures ...

:)

1 comment:

kel said...

Good luck with knitting! I don't knit but I do crochet! good luck!!

ps. love your blog! very pretty!