Thursday, April 10, 2008

Altered stArt Circle Mingle

My inspiration came from a package of hole reinforcements I spotted at the dollar store. I applied some ink DTP from three stamp pads and then randomly added the hole reinforcements. I then dry brushed the whole card with gesso and then removed the reinforcements to expose the colored circles.

Then I found the center piece of plastic from a roll of tape and dipped that in the gesso and stamped it onto the cardstock around the smaller circles. I loved the way it looked and as always I did not want to cover it up so it has a simple image and a small piece of puncanella. I rounded the corners and finished it off by edging it with more ink.


I may or may not add some text. So far anything I tried I did not like as it takes away from the background. I did just order some small ABC stamps the other day so I might be able to use them on this piece.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Beautiful ATC, Danielle!! I love all the depth of the background and, of course, I love the colors. :)

3rdEyeMuse said...

I love that background, too - it came out terrific!

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

GORGEOUS backround!!! how funny that your dad makes beet soup. I begin to crave it when it gets warm outside. Is he Lithuanian? Wild!